Toxins are everywhere! We can't escape them when we go outside, head to a store or even in our work place.---BUT, we can be the gatekeeper of our homes and keep toxins out! Go here to view my complete presentation on ditching toxins and switching to a chemical free lifestyle1
Here are some of my top reasons to ditch and switch!
1. Non-Toxic cleaners are safe around children and pets! We don't have to keep them under lock and key or worry about them touching a surface after we wipe it down! The kiddos can even help clean and you can have piece of mind! Plus, they aren't flammable!
2. It makes breathing easier! With no toxins filling the air from the sprays and scrubs--you can breath in and know you aren't doing damage to your lungs!
3. Save Money! Natural products are cheaper and can easily be purchased at the grocery store then turned into a product you can use for just pennies!
4. Those natural, non toxic cleaners don't harm the environment! We aren't putting harmful VOC's and human/animal/vegetation harming chemicals into the air or water supply.
5. You're protecting your health and that of your family's as well--no harsh chemicals that can cause respiratory issues, allergies, skin irritants or eye irritants!
6. Make cleaning easier! How? You will have a few products that do all the cleaning jobs you have in your home instead of an arsenal of bottles! You won't have to switch bottles so often when you clean.
7. Peace of mind! You will know what's in your products.
8. Run out of something? No mad dash to the store so you can finish up; With the raw materials in your home you can just whip up another batch and get back to cleaning!
9. Set an example for others to switch to "green cleaning" as well! Once they see how great your home looks--and smells--they will want to do the same! You are being a role model for non toxic cleaning and influencing others to live healthier!
10. No chemicals means nothing to mess with your precious body systems! (or that of young children either!) No endocrine/hormone disruptors, neuro-toxic chemicals, or anything else to negatively influence the function of your body!
Tips To Ditch & Switch
1. As you use up your conventional cleaners replace them with non toxic options or make your own!
2. If you're going to make your own cleaning products, decide which recipes you want to try and then buy the containers and raw materials so you are ready to go when you run out of your old stuff!
3. If you decide to ditch all of your old cleaners, please dispose of them responsibly!
4. Congratulations! Enjoy cleaning with natural, non toxic products!